When you’re in charge of your success, there’s no denying it — you are 100% accountable.
Personal accountability is so important in life and self-improvement. It’s a mindset to strive towards and an attitude to have when we fail. Learn from your mistakes, fix your bad habits, and don’t make excuses for yourself.
Accountability is something we all need in a world where distractions abound and can be used as an escape from being intentional about our goals. It’s easy to put aside your responsibilities and avoid doing what’s right.
Sometimes it feels good to do that, but it’s not good for us or the people who rely on us; and even though they may be too polite or kind to say it, they notice when we’re not there.
Whether we like it or not, each of us is accountable for the choices we make. It’s part of being a responsible person and making a real difference in both our own lives and the lives of others.
Quotes about personal accountability can help motivate you to reach your goals, keep you on track and show others that even the most successful people want to improve each day. For the best quotes about personal accountability, see the collection of personal accountability quotes right below. They have been put together to inspire anyone that reads them.
Personal Accountability Quotes
When you live your life by your own personal standards, you’re accountable to yourself. Be brave enough to live your life unapologetically, and accept the responsibility that comes along with that.
1. It’s not about the perfect body or having it all together. It’s about being accountable to yourself, your goals, and being kind to yourself along the way.
2. Accountability isn’t about proving yourself to other people. It’s about being honest with yourself.
3. It’s easy to make excuses and find reasons why you can’t do something, why you’re not good enough, or why someone else won’t like you. But the truth is: no one will fight harder for your happiness than you will.
4. Self-accountability is the difference between being successful and failing. When you have a goal in mind, there’s no one more powerful than you to make it happen.
5. The only person who can change your life is you. Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
6. To be yourself in a world that is constantly telling you who to be is the greatest accomplishment.
7. Being accountable to yourself is the path to becoming a better you. You can’t be proud of yourself if you don’t do the things that need doing, and you can’t blame other people for your mistakes if you’re not willing to take responsibility for them.
8. When you finally get to a place where you’re accountable to yourself, that’s when you’ll be unstoppable.
9. Always keep your promises to yourself and never give up on a dream—the harder the struggle, the sweeter the victory.
10. It’s not an accident that you’re the way you are. You are the result of your choices, and the only way to change is to make different choices.
11. How you think about yourself, is how you will live your life. Self-discipline and self-accountability are what shape a person’s destiny.
12. If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything. Stand up for yourself.
13. We are our own worst critics, mock ourselves before you mock yourself
14. Your life will only be as good as you make it. No one can do that for you.
15. You’ve got to keep your focus. It all begins with you. Look within yourself and believe.
16. To be present in the now, always be ready to take responsibility for your actions and to own your emotions.
17. I am an accountable adult. I not only said I would do this, but I also did it. Now I’m reaping the rewards—happiness, joy, health, abundance. Be accountable to yourself.
18. You are your own responsibility. Be honest. Be true to yourself. Be your number one fan.
19. More than a daily routine, grooming is about self-respect. It’s about self-accountability and taking care of yourself.
20. Sometimes the best way to show you care about someone is to be accountable to them—yourself.
21. We’re all accountable for our actions but only you can be the judge if what you do is right or wrong.
22. Accountability is key to success, your own and others. Work hard, work smart and be accountable.
23. Be your own best friend and no one will be able to let you down. Keep your head up. Trust yourself. You’ve got this.
24. Being accountable to yourself will lead you all the way—to level up in life.
25. Take ownership of your life. It’s your life, so live it the way you want to.
26. Don’t let your fears or the noise of others stop you from doing what you know deep down is right. Be accountable to yourself.
27. Be true to yourself. Listen to your heart and intuition. They will speak to you about what it is you truly want to become.
28. The possibilities are endless when you’re accountable to yourself.
29. Be accountable to yourself by having courage, strength and most importantly work ethic.
30. You are the only person you can control. Be accountable to yourself, your success, and your future.
31. We are who we are because of the choices we make. So don’t blame your mistakes on anyone but yourself.
32. We are the sole owners of our destiny. No one else is responsible for where we are, whom we’ve become, or what we have or haven’t done with our lives.
33. No matter what you’re going through, you have the power to choose how it will affect your life. No one can control your feelings but YOU.
34. Accountability is empowering. It empowers others to trust our actions. Stop being average and start being great!
35. You have the power to dream, create and build your own destiny.
36. Be accountable to yourself. Do what you said you’re going to do when you said you were going to do it.
37. Be accountable to yourself, not the person you wish you were.
38. The only person you are accountable for is yourself.
39. Always be accountable for your actions, thoughts and words. To others and most importantly to yourself.
40. You are the only one who truly holds yourself accountable. So, do the work and don’t let anyone stop you from doing so.
41. You have to be the voice inside your own head—you can’t share that job with somebody else.
42. Life is about the things you can be proud of, not the things you can blame someone else for.
43. Sky’s the limit when you’re accountable to yourself
44. Be accountable to yourself—set boundaries and enforce them. No one will do it for you.
45. Make today your masterpiece and be accountable to the best version of yourself.
46. It’s easy to blame others for our problems, but what we’re really doing is taking responsibility for making changes.
47. Build a castle or tear one down. You’re in charge of your own self-esteem, happiness and success.
48. Being accountable to yourself can unlock your true potential.
49. Don’t hold back, be accountable—to you. You are your own accountability.
50. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable, you’re the only person who can see you. You don’t owe anyone your life story; you are accountable only to yourself.
51. When you are true to yourself and make decisions that are best for you, other people respect you.
52. People can’t control you; they can only control themselves. Be true to yourself and everything will fall into place.
53. In order to achieve greatness you have to be accountable to yourself and push yourself to overcome your weaknesses.
54. We all need reminding that we are in charge of our own happiness, and if we seek outside forces to validate us, we’ll be chasing an illusion.
55. Know yourself. Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself. Always be true to who you are and what you believe in.
56. You don’t have to be a superhero to be super, but if you can find the courage to be accountable to yourself, your life will change.
57. Are you holding yourself accountable for your goals? If you hold yourself accountable to a higher standard, you will make better decisions.
58. Do not let your fears determine your fate. Own up to your decisions and be accountable for the outcome.
59. When no one else can do it for you when you’ve done everything you could to make things happen, you have to do it for yourself.
60. People spend a lot of time blaming others for their circumstances but that’s self-destructive. Instead, take charge and own your power to succeed.
61. When you realize that being an adult means having to take care of yourself, it can be a little scary. But the truth is that you’ve always had this power.
62. Make peace with who you are—and work hard to be the best possible version of yourself.
63. Your success does not depend on how many friends you have, how successful your friends are, or who is doing better than you. It depends on you.
64. You are the only person that can hold yourself responsible for what happens in your life.
65. The most important relationship you will ever have is the one you have with yourself. Go treat yourself.
66. We are the only ones that let us down. Be accountable to yourself.
67. You have to be accountable to yourself. And hold yourself to a higher standard. No one else can do that for you.
68. Accountability is a powerful factor that can be used to improve your behaviour and get you closer to achieving your life goals.
69. Never underestimate the power of your mind. When you think a certain way, you will always act and perform in a certain way.
70. Accountability is not something you do. It’s who you are.
71. Chances are, when you look in the mirror, you’re your own biggest critic. So if you want to reach your goals and be your best self, you need to start by showing yourself some love.
72. Be yourself. You are the only one who knows how to be yourself, and others won’t be able to tell you how to live your life.
73. Be kind to yourself because you’re a hard act to follow.
74. Accountability is about recognizing that your actions have consequences, and living according to your own personal standards.
75. You are the only person that you should hold accountable for your health and happiness, so stop making excuses and start moving forward.
76. Be accountable to yourself. Change the world by starting with yourself.
77. You’re not just accountable to your business, but also to yourself. Correct your mistakes and keep learning.
78. The most important relationship you’ll ever have is the one you have with yourself. Be accountable and do what you need to do before you can be happy.
79. Be your own best friend. Be gentle to yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself. While everyone around you may not always be there for you, don’t give up on yourself.
80. You’re your own worst critic, but you don’t have to be. There is no one you need to prove anything to. Nurture the voice of motivation and self-assurance in your head.
81. Take responsibility for your feelings. It’s your life: you have the power to make it wonderful.
82. You can’t do it for anyone else—you’ve got to do it for yourself.
82. Your life is your own responsibility. Rise up and live it well.
83. You are not your job title, you are not the sum of your possessions and what you know, you are the sum of your actions and how much you care.
84. You don’t need to be a hero every day. Just promise to be a good person and make more opportunities and be accountable to yourself.
85. Embrace the struggles. They’ll make you stronger, more determined. And more accountable to yourself—the most important relationship you’ll ever have.
86. Accountability is important—to your health, your happiness, and to be able to keep up with a busy lifestyle.
87. You are the only person you can control, so make the best of it and always be accountable to yourself.
88. Don’t be afraid to be your own cheerleader. Be accountable to yourself today and keep on pushing forward.
89. The person you will have to answer to at the end of your life is yourself.
90. You are your own red carpet, and you hold yourself in high esteem. Always keep it real. Stay true to yourself. And always be accountable for your actions.
91. Accountability is a choice I make, to be honest with myself and others. That is what builds trust.
92. You may be holding yourself back from the life you really want. Take accountability and take charge of your goals.
93. Be accountable to yourself. When you make a decision and take a stand, stick with it. The only one you can fool is yourself.
94. Be yourself. Live with integrity. Take responsibility for your actions and your words. Do what you say, and say what you mean. Stand up for yourself when facing adversity.
95. You can’t blame the world if you give up and stop trying. Be accountable to yourself, so you don’t end up blaming others.
96. You are the only person you are accountable to. Be accountable to yourself, instead of blaming others for the things you have no control over.
97. Don’t wait to be perfect in everything. Be accountable to yourself and go for it!
98. Take your career and life to the next level by becoming more accountable.
99. The key to life is not about finding someone to blame, but someone to make accountable.
100. Wake up and be in accordance with your own standards. Set your own goals and achieve them, or don’t. Be accountable. Be a visionary and take action.
By being accountable, we are improving ourselves and our outcomes. The quotes about personal accountability on this list are a great reminder that, no matter how large our team might be or how successful our company is, ultimately we are responsible for achieving results and making things happen. If you want to keep up with the best of them, you have to take it upon yourself to stay on top of things.
What can you say about the quotes? Inspiring, right? Let me know your opinions in the comments section. And you can also share the quote(s) that have inspired you.